Wednesday, June 29, 2016

How do I ask my body what it needs?

Now the big question: how do I listen to my body to ask what it needs?

There are a few ways you could go about this:

1. Trial and Error.
This is likely the method you are currently using, by trying out herbs, essential oils, supplements, chiropractic care, acupuncture, yoga, etc. and find out what makes you feel healthier, gives you more energy, etc. This is generally what most people do. This is what the average doctor does as well when he or she prescribes a medication too.

2. Machines, labs, and medical tests. 
Modern medicine has come up with some pretty invasive ways of narrowing down a condition or diagnosis, but rarely comes to a conclusion of identifying the real deficiency or cause. A safer, more affordable, and less invasive solution to identify health deficiencies has recently surfaced.  Commonly used by chiropractors and other professionals is the Zyto Hand Scanner, which measures the body's Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) to identify which supplements would most benefit the body. Although there is some negativity toward this technology floating around the internet, I have used it for myself and my clients with consistent and accurate results. It is limited, however, to specific product lines, but I do use it for my preferred Essential Oil brand and it works fine.

3. Muscle Response Testing, or Applied Kinesiology. 
While some may call this a primitive, archaic, or scientifically unsupported method, it is one of the oldest forms or asking the body a yes or no question. Similar to how a lie detector works, a "true" statement said to the body will make the muscles of the body strong, and a "false" statement will make the muscles of the body weak. Muscle testing is a literal "testing" of the muscles. I have personally had much success with this method, and although I do have a machine like the one mentioned above, I usually prefer muscle testing because of ease and ability to identify much more.

If you are interested in seeing how this works, or learning this skill for yourself, I would recommend watching Aromatherapist Charlotte Reid demonstrate how to muscle test for essential oils in this YouTube video series. Once you get the hang of it, you can ask your body, mind, or spirit anything that's going on. It's pretty empowering, and life-changing. For some tips on accurate results, read this post, Muscle Testing with Accuracy.

If you have any questions about these techniques, please contact me.
0 Comments
0 Comments
Comments

No comments :

Post a Comment